Theoverlander.org was established to bring like-minded people together to become the ultimate resource for anyone planning their next epic adventure. With lots of resources to help people to share experiences, get the facts first hand, trade kit and find equipment from around the globe!
The shop has been set up to help provide easy access to overlanding gear.About Us
My first overland trip was a 7,000 mile motorbike journey across North Africa in 1993. The purchase of a bright green KLR 600 a week after passing my bike test had me doing unintentional wheelies to about Dover. Three months across Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia gave me the bug I still cannot shake.
Further travels since then have included;
- Australia in 1994-5 with a BJ 40 cruiser, then a VW bus and finally an XT600 Tenere
- New Zealand in 1995-6 with the XT600
- Morocco in 2003 on a DR400
- Morocco in 2005 on a KTM 950 with my dad on his XT600 Tenere
- Morocco in 2006 doing the Tuareg Rally on a KTM 450EXC
A recent project has been the ‘preparation’ of an MAN 8.136 ex Danish army 4x4 lorry. This has now been sold on to an adventurous new home.